Sunday, February 8, 2015

Greek Life Blurb: My Experience as a Rho Gamma


Word's out: I'm a Kappa Kappa Gamma! I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to be a Rho Gamma (Recruitment Guide, some schools call them Gamma Chis, etc.) with this lovely group of women this year. Our school is a little different in the sense that we do spring recruitment, so we were disaffiliated from our chapters from May-February. We help potential new members with the stressful process of going through formal recruitment to join a Greek organization. It was difficult but such a rewarding experience! Seeing the women that you know struggled with their decision receive a bid from the organization that they wanted generates the best feeling!


Each chapter also has at least one member on the Panhellenic Executive Council, and I was lucky enough to represent my chapter on our exec team this year! It was such an honor to serve on the exec team with this group of women. They definitely added to my experience as a Rho Gamma and made being disaffiliated much easier.


Being a Rho Gamma is the best experience as being a member of the Greek community, and I highly recommend it and being on PHC Exec to anyone who has the chance! It gives you the ability to get to know women in other organizations, gain important skills for future endeavors, and most importantly, help the newest members of your Greek community find their home!


However, I'm still the happiest to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment