To be honest, I am not a fan of most holiday sets. I think most of them are gimmicky and not worth the price, and I gravitate toward them so they hardly get used. They also come out earlier and earlier every year, so a lot of them are sold out already, when let's be honest, most of us are just now starting our Christmas shopping.
Note: Excuse the pictures. I don't own all of these things and had to screenshot pictures of the items off the websites.
Note: Excuse the pictures. I don't own all of these things and had to screenshot pictures of the items off the websites.
Here are my picks among some of the holiday sets that I think are worth buying (listed price low to high):
1. Bite Beauty Mix N' Mingle Lip Minis - $12
Bite comes out with these mini lippies every year, and they would make really great stocking stuffers for the beauty lover in your life. They come with more than half the amount of a full size at half the price, and let's be honest, when was the last time any of us have used up a lippie? Bite is known for their great quality lip products, so whoever receives this gift will not be disappointed.
3. The Body Shop Lip Butter Candy Cane - $20
I love the Body Shop's holiday gift sets. This is the only one I could find in stock on Ulta's website, but if you are able to find others in store, they're all great, especially their body butters. These lip butters are really nice as well. The set includes the Coconut, Honeymania, Mango, Shea, and Strawberry fragrances, and it could be split up into multiple stockings.
2. Caudalie Beauty Elixir Ornament - $18
This is an extremely luxurious product that anyone would be happy to receive. It isn't the best deal considering it is the same price as it normally is, but it would still make a great stocking stuffer. It can be sprayed under or over makeup to refresh the complexion.
This is an extremely luxurious product that anyone would be happy to receive. It isn't the best deal considering it is the same price as it normally is, but it would still make a great stocking stuffer. It can be sprayed under or over makeup to refresh the complexion.
I love the Body Shop's holiday gift sets. This is the only one I could find in stock on Ulta's website, but if you are able to find others in store, they're all great, especially their body butters. These lip butters are really nice as well. The set includes the Coconut, Honeymania, Mango, Shea, and Strawberry fragrances, and it could be split up into multiple stockings.
Both of these scents are iconic. If you couldn't tell, I am all about getting the best bang for my buck, and this set comes with more product than an individual rollerball for two dollars cheaper. I personally really like rollerballs because, it's difficult to use up an entire perfume and they're perfect for that person on your list who travels a lot.
Nirvana Black - Notes: Violet, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Style: Sensual, Mysterious, Warm
Nirvana White - Notes: Peony, Muguet, Tender Musk, Style: Sophisticated, Feminine, Captivating
Nirvana Black - Notes: Violet, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Style: Sensual, Mysterious, Warm
Nirvana White - Notes: Peony, Muguet, Tender Musk, Style: Sophisticated, Feminine, Captivating
I, like many others, have been lusting after Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfectors since they first hit YouTube. I think these are the perfect size for the price, and you're also able to try three different shades: Champagne Gold, Opal, and Pearl. Unfortunately, it is sold out online, but I just saw it at my local Sephora, and it is in stock on Ulta's website.
6. Too Faced Melted Kisses Lipstick Set - $25
This set comes with four minis of the same amazing formula we all know and love of the Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipsticks. You get the shades Melted Nude, Melted Peony, Melted Fuchsia, and Melted Berry. Unfortunately, it is sold out everywhere online, but I just saw it in stock at my local Sephora.
7. Tarte Kiss & Belle LipSurgence Lip Set (Sephora and Ulta) - $34
This set comes with eight minis from Tarte's LipSurgence line: four of the regular formula, two matte, and two glosses. All of the colors are unique to this set. The only formula I have tried out of these is the matte, and I really enjoy it. I have heard great things about the others as well, so this would make a great gift for the lip lover in your life.
7. Tarte Kiss & Belle LipSurgence Lip Set (Sephora and Ulta) - $34
This set comes with eight minis from Tarte's LipSurgence line: four of the regular formula, two matte, and two glosses. All of the colors are unique to this set. The only formula I have tried out of these is the matte, and I really enjoy it. I have heard great things about the others as well, so this would make a great gift for the lip lover in your life.
This product is an essential part of my makeup routine. This set includes two full sizes, and considering one full size is $30, you're getting a whole extra full size for only $9. It's a really good deal.
9. Make Up For Ever Studio Case - $39.99
This kit is now on sale on Sephora's website! I've heard amazing things about the formula of these shadows. You get twelve shadows that are smaller than the full size, but using up an eyeshadow is a huge feat already. A full size Artist Liner in Matte Black is also included, which costs $19 alone. This kit is a really great deal and would be a good way to try out these shadows.
10. Benefit 3 Scoops O'Sexy - $42
I have personally been really into sheer washes of color this season. I think it adds something to a look when you haven't gone all out to apply a full face of makeup. This set comes with three full size tinted lip balms which are worth $18 alone. I've never tried any of the tints from Benefit, but this would be a really good way to do that as well. I think these are a good size as it would be difficult to use up a full size.
I love matte shadows, so this palette is right up my alley. I don't personally own either of the Naturally Pretty Palettes, but I have seen excellent reviews of both. A good quality neutral matte eyeshadow palette would work for any beauty lover on your list.
12. Marc Jacobs Daisy Rollerball Trio - $44
Daisy is a classic scent. These are full size rollerballs for less than the price of two full size individual rollerballs, so it's a really good deal. I have seen this set at Sephora and Ulta, but I could not find it on the latter's website.
Daisy - Notes: Strawberry, Violet Leaves, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Gardenia, Violet Petals, Jasmine Petals, Musk, Vanilla, White Woods, Style: Bright, Alluring, Eternal
Daisy Dream - Notes: Blackberry, Grapefruit, Pear, Jasmine, Lychee, Blue Wisteria, White Woods, Musks, Coconut Water, Style: Ethereal, Free-spirited, Luminous
Daisy Eau So Fresh - Notes: Natural Raspberry, Grapefruit, Pear, Violet, Wild Rose, Apple Blossom, Musks, Cedarwood, Plum, Style: Exhilarating, Bubbly, Playful
Daisy is a classic scent. These are full size rollerballs for less than the price of two full size individual rollerballs, so it's a really good deal. I have seen this set at Sephora and Ulta, but I could not find it on the latter's website.
Daisy - Notes: Strawberry, Violet Leaves, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Gardenia, Violet Petals, Jasmine Petals, Musk, Vanilla, White Woods, Style: Bright, Alluring, Eternal
Daisy Dream - Notes: Blackberry, Grapefruit, Pear, Jasmine, Lychee, Blue Wisteria, White Woods, Musks, Coconut Water, Style: Ethereal, Free-spirited, Luminous
Daisy Eau So Fresh - Notes: Natural Raspberry, Grapefruit, Pear, Violet, Wild Rose, Apple Blossom, Musks, Cedarwood, Plum, Style: Exhilarating, Bubbly, Playful
13. Laura Mercier Creme Brulee Honey Bath - $45
This isn't a limited edition item, but I've been lusting after it for awhile. Quality bath products make great gifts, especially for someone who works a lot or for the host of your holiday party.
This isn't a limited edition item, but I've been lusting after it for awhile. Quality bath products make great gifts, especially for someone who works a lot or for the host of your holiday party.
14. Bobbi Brown Warm Eye Palette - $48.50
This is a beautiful, simple great quality neutral eyeshadow palette. The packaging is gorgeous as well. It would make a beautiful gift. There is a Cool Eye Palette too.
This is a beautiful, simple great quality neutral eyeshadow palette. The packaging is gorgeous as well. It would make a beautiful gift. There is a Cool Eye Palette too.
15. Nars Digital World Lip Pencil Coffret - $49
You get five lip pencils total in this kit: two matte (Passionate and New Iberico) and three satin (Yu, Descanso, and Torres Del Paine). From what I can tell, the only color from the permanent collection is Yu. They're just a little bit smaller than the full sizes, which are $25 each, so this is a pretty good deal. I have never tried either of these products, but Nars never fails to impress. On top of that, the box that these come in is adorable and could be used for future makeup storage.
You get five lip pencils total in this kit: two matte (Passionate and New Iberico) and three satin (Yu, Descanso, and Torres Del Paine). From what I can tell, the only color from the permanent collection is Yu. They're just a little bit smaller than the full sizes, which are $25 each, so this is a pretty good deal. I have never tried either of these products, but Nars never fails to impress. On top of that, the box that these come in is adorable and could be used for future makeup storage.















No comments:
Post a Comment