Thursday, December 18, 2014

Travel Makeup Bag: Home for Winter Break


I thought this would be a good first post because it basically tells you what my essentials are. I also realize that I brought way too much stuff home for winter break, but I feel justified since it is such a long break and I can't predict what I am going to do or where I'm going to go! However, it seems as if breaks are when I actually wear the least amount of makeup. Go figure. So get a snack or take a bathroom break because this is going to be a long post.


Base Products
This isn't my favorite primer, but it gets the job done. I've just had it for a long time and am trying to use it up.

The salmon color of this product works magic for covering those annoying dark circles.

Bourjois is a French drugstore brand. My parents bought me a few things while they were in the UK this summer. You can buy it on Amazon through the link, but unfortunately, it's much more expensive. Because I am very fair, I like to apply this before foundation for a nice subtle contour.

This is the best setting powder I've tried. It doesn't have much color pay off but leaves a beautiful finish on the skin.

This is a really nice medium to full coverage foundation from the drugstore. I am an NW20 at MAC, and this shade is a perfect match for me.

This is recently back in stock on Sephora's website! If you buy one holiday limited edition beauty product this year, this should be it! Snatch it up from Sephora's website before it sells out again. I find a lot of holiday collections to be very gimmicky, but I really love these blushes and am so happy I got this palette.

Diffused Light is a yellow toned powder that I like to use it to set my under eye area for a subtle highlighted effect. If you're familiar with the beauty blog or YouTube world, I'm sure you've heard enough about these powders and how amazing they are.

This is my favorite under eye concealer from the drugstore. It has good coverage and a nice finish with minimal under eye creasing.

This is my favorite step of my makeup routine. After finishing a face of makeup, it is so refreshing to spray my face with this. I find that it prevents my makeup from looking cakey and really does help my makeup last longer.


The Eyes
I am relatively new to the falsies world, and this is the first pair I've owned. Considering I spend five days a week in class and I'm lucky if I wake up in time to put any makeup on at all, I don't get much chance to wear them. When I wear a full face of makeup going out on the weekends, however, they are the perfect touch. My makeup doesn't feel complete without them.

This is the best brow pencil. End of story.

This stuff is like hairspray for your brows. They are not going anywhere after this is applied.

This is my favorite mascara. It gives a crazy amount of length and volume.

I just bought this, and I have no idea what I was waiting for! This color especially is perfect for a minimal makeup day. Just apply this color to the lid, and it looks like you actually tried.

Gel is my favorite way to get winged liner. This one gets the job done, although it can smudge throughout its wear. This is actually the first and only gel liner I have tried because it's lasted so long.

This is a really good eyeshadow primer, but I've never really tested it against others to be able to say it's better.

I've really been liking this lash glue. I especially like that it has a brush applicator.

This is my all time favorite palette! I love neutrals and mattes, and this palette combines my two favorite things in an eyeshadow. It's perfect for minimal makeup days, and all you need for a more fancy look is a separate lid color.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Double Ended Eye Pencil in Zero and Corrupt
Unfortunately, I bought this in a set awhile back, but this one in Zero and Whiskey is very similar. I really enjoy having a black and brown in one. I like using brown for daytime and black when I actually have time to apply a full face of makeup.


The Lips
I packed with the idea of doing neutral eyes with any color lip, so fair warning, I went pretty overboard with lip products.

This is a great overnight lip treatment. If I remember to apply it every night, I notice that I have to apply far less, if any, lip balm throughout the day.

Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayons in Fuchsia Libre and Red Sunrise
I really enjoy these for a more sheer wash of moisturizing color when I'm not wearing a full face of makeup. Again, they're unfortunately more expensive on Amazon than they are in places the brand is available.

I splurged on this item when I had a coupon for Sephora. To be honest, I'm not entirely sold on it. It is a good lip balm but not worth the money.

I much prefer a matte finish when it comes to lip products, but as far as glosses go, these are amazing! They have a mirror on the tube and an LED light that comes on when opened. I feel so fancy using it. The formula is extremely opaque, like a liquid lipstick, and not too sticky. Gerard Cosmetics always has sales, and their lip products are sold in bundles that are a really great deal. Plus, this color is perfect for that dark winter lip.

Jordana Easyliner for Lips in Sedona Red and Tawny
The Amazon prices through the links are much more expensive than what you can find in store. I am able to find it at Walgreens where I live. I like using lip liners to extend the wear of my lip color. These are good lip liners, and I don't really see the need to splurge on lip liners.

I absolutely love the formula of these. They go on liquid and dry matte, and they're unbelievably long lasting. This is the perfect hot pink color for any season.

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color in Daringly Nude and Touch of Spice
Let's just take a minute to commend Maybelline for creating these lipsticks. They're an amazing matte formula. Daringly Nude is a beautiful pinky nude shade. Touch of Spice has been my go to lip color all fall. It fits the Kylie Jenner lip color trend, and if you aren't already sold on this color, my boyfriend actually noticed it and said he liked it.

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Elusive and Sultry
I really love the formula of these matte lip colors too. I'm pretty sure I have every color, but these two are my favorites. Elusive is a beautiful pink that could fit with any look. Sultry is a color that is also similar to the Kylie Jenner lip color trend, but it is a little bit more red. It has been another one of my go to lip colors this fall.

I bought this because one of my favorite bloggers and YouTubers, Amelia Liana, said it is a dupe for her favorite Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pillow Talk. I don't own the Charlotte Tilbury lip liner because it's expensive and difficult to get in the US, but she talks about it so much that I HAD to have the Rimmel dupe. It is a really nice lip liner and a beautiful color. Check out her blog post about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment